Beef Bone Stock
You can find my preferred recipe for Beef Bone Stock here. Of course, like most cooks I’ve tweaked it a bit over the years.
- I definitely try to always use some nice, halved knuckle bones if possible (they are very marrow rich) along with oxtail or short ribs (they have some meat on them).
- I use Mediterranean bay leaves.
- If I am not planning to can the stock, I give the bones and root veggies a light spray or brush with extra light olive oil.
- I cook the,stock for a minimum of 24 hours, but 36 is my preference.
- I don’t refrigerate it in small containers. I just cover the bowl and put it in the fridge.